How has your week been?
Thursdays are typically a day of reflection for me and I’d like to bring that to this space. Last week on Instagram I asked my fellow newbies to the workforce how they were finding it & if they were enjoying the work they were doing.
Everyone was really open and honest and it was nice to see that I wasn’t the only experiencing certain things.
Some of the key things people struggled with:
1. Imposter Syndrome
2. Not being challenged enough
3. Feeling overwhelmed/ burnt out
These are things that greatly impact how you feel and in turn how you experience this new stage in life.
Personally, to make it all a little bit easier I remind myself of certain things.
1. Change is uncomfortable and is also constant, I have to get used to this feeling.
2. I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be right now
3. They wouldn’t hire me if they didn’t think I could do it!
4. I can’t control what happens but I can control my response
I’d like to find out what people think and what advice anyone has for those of us who might be struggling a little bit & who don’t actually think we are where we’re meant to be.
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section!
Enjoy the rest of your week!